Friday, February 28, 2014

{Baby's Day Out} Takashimaya Baby Fair 2014 , ION (Part 1)

It's the Taka(shimya) Baby Fair again! :)
Baby fairs excite me. We have been more prudent in our spending ever since we became a one-income family so I see baby fairs as a legitimate reason to shop. Just saying.   ;)

I made a list of things to buy so that my goldfish memory won't fail me and I won't end up buying anything I do not need.


How disciplined, right?



Wet wipes
There were no Johnson and Johnson products at the fair. At least I didn't see any.


Pigeon hand and mouth wipes, $5.50 for 4 packs of 20s, and $6.60 for 2 packs of 60s


Teething Toy
I decided to wait for the husband to make the purchase. I'm not good with all the BPA-free stuff and all.

Stroller/ Diaper bag: OkieDog, $62.93

So, I mentioned earlier on that "Hey! I need no diaper bag!"
Then we went on a rather long shopping trip over the weekend and our shoulders couldn't take the weight of the existing 'diaper' bag. I tried hanging the Longchamp on the stroller but it blocks the way and retrieving stuff from the bag became a challenge.

We decided that we need to get a bag that fit the stroller.
Any bag.

I was eyeing Skip Hop's Dash because it's so cute. But the price tag is not too friendly to our wallets.
This OkieDog one is on sale and at $62.93, we thought it is a rather reasonable price to pay.


I didn't really pay attention to the inside of the bag because all I wanted was one that could attach to the stroller and allow me to retrieve things easily. So, I am pleasantly surprised when I saw that it has a bottle warmer and a wet bag included. (Yes. I realised it only after I paid.)



It also comes with a diaper changing mat. Love that it's tucked nicely at the back of the bag and is easy to retrieve. We used it shortly after and the mat is quite padded so I'd think it should be rather comfortable.


The inside of the bag. I require more compartments than the existing ones so I put my diaper bag organiser in it as well.



The front compartment of the bag is just nice for Momma-stuff like the wallet, and iPhone.


It hangs on the stroller! I can almost hear our shoulders rejoicing.


I've just used it for a couple of hours but I think that this is the best purchase of the day.

Diapers
I learnt from the husband that we should compare the price of the diapers (per piece) to know if it's a good deal.

Huggies (M size) are going at about $0.295 per piece.
Should have gotten it at the BabyCare Festival when it was going at $0.23.
I wanted to wait till the Taka fair to try my luck. I'm a sucker for freebies so I wanted to see if they give away free toys this time round. They do, but Lil' J already has the same toy so I didn't see a point in trying to spend $150 for the free toy.
(Dang.. Why no Cupcake Kitchen?)

I ended up not stocking up on the diapers.


Teething Pad, Ergo Organic Teething pad, $19.90


I never knew teething pads are this soft.


Rain cover for stroller, Peg-PĂ©rego Rain Cover, $59.90
Splurge item.
Why did I buy a piece of plastic for close to 60 bucks?
I think I just wanted to play it safe.


And....

THE IMPULSE PURCHASE OF THE DAY

Tiny Love Rattle , $10

  
I really didn't want to get any toy for Lil' J, but she saw this and got really excited.
And the level of excitement was hilarious.
With eyes looking intently at it, her arms were just flailing everywhere in attempt to get hold of the toy.

There is also a red version of the rattle but she didn't want it.
We tried giving her other toys but she didn't display the same level of interest.
I got so excited about her being excited about toys, I went ahead and got her one.

I paid for the toy while my mum fed her milk. And once Lil' J was done feeding, I gave her the toy.
She wasn't interested in it anymore.
That's when we realised....

She might have mistaken this for her milk bottle!

Oh gosh!

I tried giving the toy again back at home.
She only tried to grab it when she was hungry.

(|||-_-)






*I wanted to write about ION but this post is already so long so I'm just going to separate it into two posts.



No comments:

Post a Comment