Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Momma Achievements

It has begun.
Lil' J is now at a phase where changing her diapers and putting on her clothes is a battle challenge. 

I say 'phase' because I sent an SOS SMS to my friends and I got replies like these...

"Wait till she can walk. She'll go around the house without diapers."

"They only keep still in the first month."

So I'm not alone. And Lil' J is not trying to be naughty. It's a perfectly normal baby-kid thing to do. With Lil' J, she keeps.flipping.on.her.tummy. She does that almost immediately after I flipped her back. Each diaper changing session/ bath is almost like Survivor: Outwit, Outplay, Outlast.

The toys failed in their mission to keep her lying on her back. And since I can't possibly allow her to remain undressed for such a long time, I did something I never thought I'd do. (I had always thought that we should teach the child, explain, reason, let her understand, don't give in -- doesn't work.)

I put the diapers on her while she's on her tummy. And I managed to flip her over long enough to slot her arms through the sleeves of the sleep suit, and to button the top buttons. I did the rest while she was on her tummy too.

This is when I realise that you have to have some mad skills being a momma.
And we deserve some major pat on the back.

So I made this for myself.
Level 1 unlocked!



I know I'm not the only one.
So if anyone else other than my family and friends are reading this, and you have won the 'Diaper Battle', feel free to grab this button. I know it's a little ugly, and perhaps pointless but go on, you deserve it.

And here's a pat on your shoulders and a fellow-momma hug.
Just remember to credit it back to me. :) 




HannyPinkmint


*This is the first time I'm making a blog button.
I doodled it but got the codes online. Hope it works!*


No comments:

Post a Comment