Friday, July 19, 2013

{Reading to Baby} The Ways I Will Love You

"Remember to read and sing to Baby."
I get this text from the hubby every.single.day.

I haven't been reading that frequently to Baby lately.
It could be the nesting instincts setting in, so I'm googling about baby items most of the time.
Or it could be that I'm more active lately, so I spend more time on myself, like organising my Pinterest boards.

I found this book in the library the other time.
I jotted down the text.
We've been reading this book for the past two weeks in the afternoons.
On the days I remember, that is.

 
"The Ways I Will Love You" by Mary Jane Gerber


It's a rhyming book that tells about the way a mother (or father) loves the child.
Through the activities they can do together.
I wasn't a fan of the book when I first read it.
But this is one book that grows on you.
Never mind that I think they could have used a better font for the text.

With each read, the words becomes more and more meaningful.
This is my favourite part, which also happens to be how the book ends.

I'll love you with lullabies,
patience and praise,
I'll love you your whole life,
in so many ways!

I just read this book to Baby.
She responded with gentle squirming, followed by a couple of jabs.
People say babies usually respond to the sound (my voice), not so much the content.
I choose to think that her movements are in response to the text.
Because she knows, that Daddy and Mommy will love her her whole life, in so many ways.


No comments:

Post a Comment